As the interesting, arresting year of 2016 comes to a close I thought I’d go back through this year’s blog offerings and see which ones captured the reader’s imagination or piqued your interest most.
Here then the Top 10 most read posts on this site from the now fading year. Topics range from Olympic performances, to State of the Sport issues, to presidential politics, and beyond. Many thanks to all who stopped by for a read and maybe even a reply. Happy 2017 to all!
- RUPP IS IN!!! – Galen announces his debut marathon will be the U.S. Oly Trials in Los Angeles. Kinda thought he might do well. Now, it’s on to Boston 2017!
- THEORY OF PERVERSE INCENTIVES IN RUNNING – Foot-racing, which used to be the focus of running events, is now just a supporting element.
- IN THE WAKE OF THE WOMEN’S 800 – A crash, tears and histrionics in the women’s 800m final at the Olympic Trials.
- DO YOU BELIEVE IN MAGIC? – Almaz Ayana smashes the women’s world record in the 10,000 meters by 14 seconds without as much as a furrowed brow.
- CHICAGO 2016 – For the second year in a row the Bank of America Chicago Marathon staged a no-pacesetters competition with a slow winning time.
- COE ATTEMPTS TO WALK IAAF OFF THE LEDGE – New IAAF prez tries to draw his sport back from the cliff of doom.
- SUB2 PACK FORMS UP – Like the murmur of far off hooves, the Sub – Two Hour marathon quest became a lot more audible in December.
- IN TRUMP WE TRUST – And we thought the Chicago Cubs winning the World Series was historic!
- THE HEAT WILL BE ON IN L.A. – Conditions for the Oly Trials Marathon in L.A. were forecast from the low-70sF (21C) to 80F (27C) at noon. Not ideal, by any measure.
- BACK TO PACING AS USUAL – Pure racing for high stakes is what grabs the attention of the common man.
That’s the Top 10 from 2016. Safe New Year’s celebrating, and we will get together again in 2017!
One thought on “TOP 10 POSTS OF 2016”
Happy New Year, Toni.